Advisory Council on Economic Growth
The Government of Canada believes that when you have an economy that works for the middle class, you have a country that works for everyone. The Minister of Finance established the Advisory Council on Economic Growth in March 2016 to develop advice on concrete policy actions to help create the conditions for strong and sustained long-term economic growth.
Read the Second Report
The Advisory Council’s second wave of recommendations is now available. The recommendations focus on unleashing Canada’s economic potential by unlocking innovation to drive growth, bringing more Canadians into the labour force, building a highly skilled Canadian workforce for the jobs of tomorrow, and strengthening Canada’s trading partnerships.
- The Path to Prosperity: Executive Summary (PDF 356 KB)
- Unlocking Innovation to Drive Scale and Growth (PDF 697 KB)
- Building a Highly Skilled and Resilient Canadian Workforce through the FutureSkills Lab (PDF 1.04 MB)
- Unleashing the Growth Potential of Key Sectors (PDF 1.4 MB)
- Positioning Canada as a Global Trading Hub (PDF 730 KB)
- Tapping Economic Potential through Broader Workforce Participation (PDF 506 KB)
Read the First Report
The Council provided recommendations on increasing institutional investment in infrastructure, attracting foreign direct investment and enhancing our system of economic immigration.
Role of the Advisory Council on Economic Growth
The Council’s advice will help to inform the Government’s future actions and policies.
- Date modified: