Print and Electronic Documents
The printed budget document is the official version as produced by the Department of Finance Canada. The Department assumes no responsibility for any discrepancies that may have been transmitted in the electronic version.
In order to make this website more accessible, Finance Canada has employed templates that:
- are HTML5 conformant, to improve compatibility with adaptive technologies, handheld devices, browsers and search engines
- have been successfully tested on a wide range of adaptive technologies and browser/platform combinations to ensure that Canadians can access web pages regardless of the technology used
- include major components, such as the common menu bar and content area that are properly marked up with headings to simplify navigation with a screen reader
- employ a layout and design without tables to simplify screen reader navigation by reducing the structural complexity of web pages
- use scaleable fonts and text-based navigational elements to improve accessibility and simplify navigation using adaptive technologies
- provide printer-friendly functionality in the Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to make pages more compatible with printers and to prevent printing unnecessary page elements separate visual presentation from the document structure
All budget documents are available in HTML 5 as the primary format.
In some cases, other software formats are provided as alternatives. To open these alternate formats, you may need to download and install one or more of the following on your computer:
PDF – Portable Document Format. To access these files you must have a PDF reader installed. If you do not already have such a reader, there are numerous PDF readers available for free download or for purchase on the Internet:
Media Players (for viewing multimedia content)
To enjoy the Budget 2011 multimedia features, you will need to download and install the appropriate players.
- Flash Player: Use Adobe Flash Player to view the full budget story with the help of animation, charts, short video clips of Minister of Finance Jim Flaherty taking viewers through the budget’s key features and a slide show presentation with explanatory voice-over.
- Windows Media Player: Use Windows Media Player to view a livecast of the Minister delivering the budget speech in the House of Commons.
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats.
The Budget Web site at times provides links to the Library and Archives Canada (LAC) Government of Canada Web Archive. The Web Archive is a fixed snapshot of our site in the past and cannot be updated. Further information about the Web Archive, such as its scope and limitations, can be accessed at their frequently asked questions page.
If you encounter technical difficulties on this site or have difficulty accessing any of the content available here, please contact the webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.